Cecil H. Green Papers
Cecil H. Green, along with Eugene McDermott, Erik Jonsson, and H. Bates Peacock, purchased Geophysical Services, Inc. on December 6, 1941. The company, which later became Texas Instruments (TI), thrived at developing enemy submarine detection during World War II.
As TI thrived, so did Cecil Green’s vast talent for philanthropy. He again teamed with Jonsson and McDermott to found the Graduate Research Center of the Southwest (GRCSW) in 1963 to attract scientific and engineering talent to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The GRCSW later became the University of Texas at Dallas in 1969.
Green, along with his beloved wife Ida, remained dedicated philanthropists for the rest of their lives. He passed away in 2003 at the age of 102.
Permission to reproduce or publish in any format the materials on this site must be obtained from the Special Collections Department, Eugene McDermott Library, The University of Texas at Dallas.