Stern, Robert J.
Dr. Robert Stern serves as a Professor of Geosciences. His research interests include:
- Volcanism associated with convergent plate margins (subduction zones)
- How new subduction zones form
- How Earth's continental crust is generated and destroyed
- When Plate Tectonics started
- The geologic evolution of the Middle East (especially the region between Egypt and Iran)
- The formation of the Gulf of Mexico
- The geology of the Dallas- Fort Worth Metroplex.
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).
Eruption of South Sarigan Seamount, Northern Mariana Islands: Insights into Hazards from Submarine Volcanic Eruptions (Oceanography Society, 2014-06)The eruption of South Sarigan Seamount in the southern Mariana arc in May 2010 is a reminder of how little we know about the hazards associated with submarine explosive eruptions or how to predict these types of eruptions. ...