Dr. Fang Qiu is a Professor of Geospacial Information Sciences and Remote Sensing. His research and instructional areas include:
- Remote sensing digital image processing
- Spatial analysis and modeling
- GIS application software development
- Web-based mapping and information processing
- The integration of neural network and fuzzy logic to facilitate the understanding and improvement of traditional remote sensing image classification
- Raster based spatial analysis to support urban and environment change detection and simulation
- Application of spatial data analysis in public health related problems
- Application software and Internet mapping service design and development.
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).