Le Prell, Colleen G.
Colleen Le Prell holds the Emile and Phil Schepps Professorship in Hearing Science. She also serves as the Program Head for the Audiology AuD program at the Callier Center for Communication Disorders. Dr. Le Prell is "one of the leading researchers in the area of hearing loss prevention." He research interests include:
- The identification of cell death pathways activated by noise,
- The assessment of therapeutic agents that prevent cell death and hearing loss,
- Prevention of age-related hearing loss.
- Noise-induced hearing loss,
- Prevention of temporary music-player induced changes in hearing.
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).
Hidden Hearing Loss? No Effect of Common Recreational Noise Exposure on Cochlear Nerve Response Amplitude in Humans This study tested hypothesized relationships between noise exposure and auditory deficits. Both retrospective assessment of potential associations between noise exposure history and performance on an audiologic test battery ...