Yaoyu Li is Professor of Mechanical Engineering. His expertese is in "monitoring and control systems that boost the energy efficiency of buildings and vehicles and maximize the energy captured from wind and sunlight." His research interests include:
- Control, modeling, optimization and condition monitoring of mechanical and electromechanical systems
- Building HVAC systems: dynamic modeling, control, energy management and fault detection
- Energy management and control for smart buildings, smart grid and microgrid systems
- Control and condition monitoring for wind energy systems
- Control and diagnostics of photovoltaic systems
- Power management and battery management for plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles; intelligent transportation systems
- Extremum Seeking Control (ESC) under actuation nonlinearities and ESC integrated diagnostics
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).
When applying ESC to a complex system, internal variables within the system may be subject to constraints that cannot be handled explicitly by limiting the range of the variable(s) manipulated by ESC. This is particularly ...