Pereira, L. Felipe
Felipe Pereira is a Professor of Mathematical Sciences. His research has been in applied mathematics including:
- Modeling the flow of oil in underground reservoirs
- Injection strategies for permanently storing carbon dioxide in deep saline aquifers
- Modeling fluid flow in heterogeneous formations, such as oil shale
- Pore network construction algorithms
- Numerical methods for partial differential equations
- High performance, parallel, scientific computing
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).
In subsurface characterization using a history matching algorithm subsurface properties are reconstructed with a set of limited data. Here we focus on the characterization of the permeability field in an aquifer using ...