Bilal Akin is an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, a Senikor Member of the IEEE, and the Principal Investigator of the Power Electronics Lab. His research interests include:
- Renewable and Smart Energy Systems
- Digital Power Control and Management
- Design and Control of Electric Motors & Drives
- Electric & Hybrid Electric Vehicle Applications
- Fault Diagnosis & Condition Monitoring of Industrial Components and Energy Conversion Units
- DSP Based Energy Conversion Systems, Power Electronics and Industry Applications
- Applications of Modern Control Theory and Signal Processing to Energy Systems and Industrial Processes
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).
This paper presents a new least-mean-square (LMS) algorithm based dead-time compensation method to suppress the current distortion in permanent-magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) field-oriented control (FOC) drives. Compared ...
This paper addresses a simple and computationally efficient dynamic model for brushless permanent magnet (PM) motors under PM demagnetization faults. The impact of stator slots and spatial disposition of the windings are ...