Bastani, Farokh B.
Farokh Bastani is Professor of Computer Science and Engineering and holds UTD's Excellence in Education Chair, He is also the Director of the UT Dallas National Science Foundation Net-Centric Software & Systems Industry/University Cooperative Research Center. His research interests include:
- AI-Based Automated Software Synthesis and Testing
- Embedded Real-Time Process-Control and Telecommunications Systems
- Formal Methods and Automated Program Transformation
- High-Assurance Autonomous Decentralized Systems
- High-Confidence Software Reliability and Safety Assurance
- Inherently Fault-Tolerant and Self-Stabilizing Distributed Systems
- Modular Parallel Programs
- Tele-Collaborative Systems
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).
Invited Paper: Semantic IoT Data Description and Discovery in the IoT-Edge-Fog-Cloud Infrastructure (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., 2019-04-04)Many IoT systems are data intensive, where a large volume of data steadily get generated from a large number of sensors in the system. These data are continuous, thus, how to store and manage them is an important issue. ...
Semantically Enhanced Time Series Databases in IoT-Edge-Cloud Infrastructure Many IoT systems are data intensive and are for the purpose of monitoring for fault detection and diagnosis of critical systems. A large volume of data steadily come out of a large number of sensors in the monitoring system. ...