Ayvaci, Mehmet U. S.
Mehmet Ayvaci is an Associate Professor of Management. His research interests include:
- Healthcare Analytics
- Economics of Information Systems
- Healthcare Operations Management
- Medical Decision Making
- Algorithmic Decision Making
- Digital Vulnerabilities
- Patient-Oriented Technologies
- Decisions in Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Transplantation
- Markov Decision Processes
- Game Theory
- Machine Learning
- Medical Informatics
- Economics of Health Information and Technology
- Decision Theory
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).
When Algorithmic Predictions Use Human-Generated Data: A Bias-Aware Classification Algorithm for Breast Cancer Diagnosis (INFORMS: Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, 2018-12-20)When algorithms use data generated by human beings, they inherit the errors stemming from human biases, which likely diminishes their performance. We examine the design and value of a bias-aware linear classification ...