Professor Ashiq Ali holds the Charles and Nancy Davidson Chair in Accounting. His reasearch interests include:
- The Role of Financial Accounting Information in the Capital Markets
- The Relation between Accounting Numbers and Stock Prices
- Biases in Accounting Numbers Due to Managerial Incentives
- The Effectiveness of Legal Regimes in Preventing Managers from Misreporting Accounting Data
- The Process of Dissemination of Accounting Information to the Financial Markets
- The Efficiency with Which Stock Market Utilizes Accounting and Non-Accounting Information
- The Factors That Prevent Stock Price from Reflecting the Underlying Value of the Firm
- Corporate Financial Disclosures
Works in Treasures @ UT Dallas are made available exclusively for educational purposes such as research or instruction. Literary rights, including copyright for published works held by the creator(s) or their heirs, or other third parties may apply. All rights are reserved unless otherwise indicated by the copyright owner(s).
(Sage Publications Inc, 2016-11-02)This article examines whether a corporate disclosure practice is one of the reasons for the forecast dispersion anomaly-the negative relation between analyst forecast dispersion and future stock returns. Prior studies have ...